I enjoyed reading Weedflower it was a very interesting book. I liked how the family was not brought back together, becauses it made the story seem more realistic. I am not saying I am happy that they didn't but it made for a better story. It really upset me and I cried while reading Weedflower, but I know that not being reunited with your family was the case for a lot of the Japanese people in the camps.
I liked the character of Frank. He was really developed in the second half of the book. I liked watching the relationship between him and Sumiko develop. It was good to see that an Indian boy and a Japanese girl could have such a relationship. I really think he helped Sumiko transform into a new and happier person. I liked seeing Sumiko transform, it made the story a little brighter for me.
I really liked this book, but it is not one of my favorites. I liked Aleutian Sparrow better than this book. It was more interesting for me to read. I also enjoyed Baseball Saved Us. It was a wonderful picture book. (I posted about it on my blog!)
This blog will serve as a space for students of RE 3240- World Literature for Children-to dialogue about children's literature.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I completely agree with you about how the characters developed in the second half of the book, and how the relationships between Frank and Sumiko became more serious. I also agree with the fact that he helped her to become a new happier person. I absolutely loved this book and I also started to tear up while reading this!
Post a Comment