I am blogging on Dr. Frye's site instead of my own about the two picture books we had to read because apparently my blogging site is under review and I don't know why.
A. What do you do with a tail like this?
B. Page, Robin
C. Steven Jenkins
D. Houghton Mifflin Company Boston
E. Picture Book, Realisitic Fiction
F. K-3
G. This picture book is about different animals of all types. It shows the unique body parts of different animals and it also displays how these animals use their diverse body parts in order to help them with every day life. These different body parts include noses, eyes, tails, mouths and also feet. The animals that talked about in this book are from something as wild as a hyena to a mole to a bat to a blue whale and to a cricket. These animals are well represented because the range of them is so large and the pictures are pretty accurate.
H. I really liked this children's book for a variety of reasons. One of the things I really liked was that at first it only showed the different body parts and it was really fun because you wanted to guess as a reader, before turning the page, which body part belonged to which animal. This actually reminded me of those books like I SPY where you could read them with friends or family and pretty much just be working together to try to figure out what each thing or where each thing was on the pages. The illustrations were very colorful and I especially liked them because they looked as if they were made of alot of different textures, like different paper and such. Overall, I really liked this book and I am really excited to integrate it with activities in my future classroom.
I. I would easily be able to use this book in my classroom when we would do a project concerning animals. I think it would be really neat to have each kid pick out a different animal and then research it, and also make a visual aid of it to present to the class. This book would be an excellent resource because kids could actally see examples of their animals and many of the kids could look at them to get an idea of where to begin. They could also get the inspiration for whichever animal they want to do from this book as well. I think this book can cause a wide and diverse range of different topic ideas and thats why I think it would be such an awesome tool to use in my classroom.
This blog will serve as a space for students of RE 3240- World Literature for Children-to dialogue about children's literature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment